Plan Institute is a social enterprise that works to improve the lives of people with disabilities by collaborating on community-based projects, offering a suite of learning initiatives, and advocating for policy reform.
Are three key area sare:
- Innovation – We engage in social innovation through community-based projects and partnerships that help to improve the lives of those living with disabilities.
- Education – We offer educational initiatives designed for individuals, families and organizations, including workshops, courses, retreats, publications and resources.
- Leadership – We provide collaborative leadership by convening a diverse group of stakeholders to encourage public policy reform and system transformation.
Successful projects include:
- Various workshops, retreats and learning initiatives
- Social finance innovations
- Tyze online personal neworks for anyone facing a life challenge
- A national Social Innovation Generation partnership
- Family Talks discussion forums
- Personal network development support for more than 40 national and international organisations
Our core values of family leadership, relationship building, contribution, and resilience drive this work. We also build on more than 20 years of PLAN experience, working with families to build a good life for people with disabilities.
Plan Institute is the first Canadian non-profit organization to conduct an externally verified social audit. We successfully overhauled adult guardianship legislation in British Columbia and fostered the global Philia Dialogue on caring citizenship. We are also a member of the Ashoka Global Fellowship of social entrepreneurs. .